Educator preparation is a university-wide effort that includes five colleges and enrolls more than 4,000 students. More than one-fifth of Illinois State students are enrolled in an educator preparation program.
College of Education Points of Pride
- The College of Education ranks in the top 5 percent in the U.S. for quality and value, according to College Factual.
- The College of Education is the oldest college in the University and enrolls more than 4,400 students across its doctoral, master’s, and undergraduate education programs.
- 11th Best School for Education Majors by Salary Potential in the United States according to Payscale in 2017.
- The College of Education has been continuously accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1954.
- The College of Education's faculty and staff secured $7.76 million in external grants and contracts during the 2016 fiscal year, nearly half of the University's total.
Click below to learn more about the ways you can make a difference for the departments within the College of Education.